Check, change, or get a refund for your JAPAN RAIL PASS
Instructions for checking, changing, or getting a refund for your JAPAN RAIL PASS are as follows.
You can check your reserved seat ticket booking information below.Click here for reserved seat ticket booking instructions
See below to check, change, or cancel your registration details for your reserved seat tickets.Click here to check, change, or cancel your reserved seat tickets
You can check the reserved seat ticket booking requirements below.Click here for reserved seat ticket booking requirements
Changes and refunds
As a general rule, refunds are only accepted when the passenger requests a refund on the site before the valid periods and before picking up the pass, or in Japan at a pick-up location after picking up the pass. A flat handling charge of ¥560 will be deducted from the refund.
Extension of the JAPAN RAIL PASS valid period or refunds will not be granted due to suspended train operations, delays (including those due to weather) or other reasons after the pass is used.
Also, we will not be responsible for any additional expenses such as travel and lodging costs due to changed travel plans.
- Issued JAPAN RAIL PASSes cannot be changed or refunded on this site.
- All reserved seat tickets are canceled when the JAPAN RAIL PASS is refunded.
- A handling charge is incurred when the JAPAN RAIL PASS is refunded.
- When changing your JAPAN RAIL PASS, you may also change the start date and the number of passengers.
- If you remove passengers, a handling charge will be incurred for each person that was removed.
- All reserved seat tickets are canceled when changes are made. Please book your reserved seat tickets again after making changes.
In some cases, your preferred train may already be full.
- When changing the start date, you may do so as many times as you like online up to three months before the initial payment date.
- Products cannot be changed.
- The deadline for online refunds is by 23:30 (Japan time) the day before the start date. Make sure to complete the request before that time.
- The deadline for online changes is by 23:30 (Japan time) the day before the start date. Make sure to complete the request before that time.
- A handling charge of ¥560 is incurred when refunding the JAPAN RAIL PASS itself, both before or after issue (only when unused).